| The new table, awaiting stain on the inside of the legs. |
The legs are on, and these sit on casters. The table rolls freely on the linoleum, but will stay in place on the rugs that I usually put down for the gamers. The 'playing tray' is 48" x 48"; that's an Authentic Gygaxian Bounce Stick on the table to give you an idea of scale.
The fleet of folding tables fits underneath the table, to save floor space, but I think I'll move them out into the game storage shed when I have the chance. The beat-up old metal stool, on the other hand, stays right where it is in the game room; it's the same one that I sat on down in Prof. Barker's basement for several years until I got 'promoted' to one of the folding chairs at the end of his green-carpeted Ping Pong table.
Next job is to re-route the power to the track lights, so as to clear the wall outlet - which is behind one of the table legs, when I have the table in the normal gaming position. The dimmer switch in the blue box will also be recessed into the wall for a neater look.
Total investment in this project is about six hours of my time, and just under $20 for the wood stain and some supplies. I can do things like this pretty easily, as I have an 'installed' base of tools and equipment left over from my days in theater and technical production; I have lots of 'left-over' lumber in stock, from various sets I've built in the past, so building this table was mostly a matter of getting the lumber and sheet goods out of the garage and cutting it to size. After that, it was simple assembly work.
So? Whaddya think?

0 Yorumlar