Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Autumn's Palette, Halloween Hand Quilting, Birthday Cross Stitch Start, Teeny Tiny Things to Like

Sally at Crafts, Cavies and Cooking posted about things found on the floor in her house. Being a quilter it included threads. I have threads migrating all over the house too it seems. There are a couple of hall rugs that they particularly adhere to and fingers are the only things that can get them out. A nuisance.  It made me think of the time Hubby found one of my threads in the fish aquarium thus proving my threads really are everywhere. 

I got to see older grandson this week which was wonderful.  He's working weekends on the same farm as last summer and last year on the weekends. One of his many chores there is sorting apples.  He gave me these, Honeycrisp, and the smell in the bag was divine. He said it was the most expensive one they sell there and the most popular.


The weather has turned cooler overnight and even flirting with freezing but still above normal for the date. I did get out my wooly shawls and scarves. I realized I hadn't shown you the one I was knitting last year all finished, the moss stitch shawl. It is strange how the true colour just can't be picked up by this computer.  It is a deep rich aubergine, not as purple as this photo shows.  I think I know what my wooly project for this winter will be too...more later.

 Tiny Things I Liked This Week

Getting this mail from the wonderful Gittas who included a very cute pumpkin free pattern. 

 I was struck by how the threads for the Autumn Quakers piece look so much like the autumn leaf palette outside my door. Very pleasing even in the rain.

I'm hand quilting the heck out of my Halloween quilt!

 Just having a great time making loop de loops and squares and leaf shapes too. 

And outlining the bigger motifs too.
 Very enjoyable in front of the television and a very warm lap quilt in the bargain. 

Hubby ordered these at 4 pm one day and they appeared on our door step at 12 noon the next day.

 Amazon delivers for sure!! I can't wait to try them; our old Wahl's set finally gave out and yes I am still cutting my own hair.  I don't really enjoy going to a salon. They make me nervous or something.  And more money for stitchy stuff!

Three Teeny Tiny Things I Liked

1. Getting this tiny start on my birthday cross stitch start, the aforementioned Autumn Quakers...Oh I'm enjoying the 28 count Cashel linen very much and it has been overdyed to give it a moodier look, perfect for this season.

2. Hubby filled up my car with gas. I really don't know why but I hate pumping gas. It is always a treat to have it done for me. If I had the money, I would have a driver as well. I love sitting and looking around, taking in the sights, not the driving. 

3. Ned learning to give up the ball when playing.  I use one of those ball launchers and finally he has learned "drop" so we can spend more time with him running and less time me begging for the ball. 

Definitely not a teeny tiny thing. In this post at Gladi Porsche Quilts, Gladi showcased her friend, Christine Wickert's quilting on silks with hand quilting and hand embroidery. The word exquisite comes to mind! And Gladi corralled many of her own quilts for a trunk show for the Genesee Valley Quilt Guild; also such amazing, inspiring work!  Do take a peek.

I hope your week has been a good one and the weekend will be even better!

Joining parties at Not Afraid of ColorMy Quilt InfatuationConfessions of a Fabric AddictAlycia QuiltsKathy's QuiltsQuilting is More Fun Than Housework and Life in the Scrapatch.




Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar